My Drum School carefully selects the most talented and passionate people within its Part-Time Drum Educators to enter its full-time faculty. We are not looking out for just a proficient drummer, but someone with the ability to communicate well and establish a rapport with their students.
What is it like as a Full-Time working at My Drum School?
We know what we are doing.
Majority of music schools have poor ideas on running their companies but not at MDS. We have grown from an apartment to 4 operational centres with a weekly student-population of 700 drum students today. Singapore Promising SME voted our company as Top 10 fastest growing company in 2013. Learn and grow with us at the speed of focused-growth.
We take our brand seriously.
The legacy of My Drum School throughout the last decade and its current leading position in the music industry provides us an incredible opportunity to impact more than 3,000 students’ lives. With 8 national awards under our belt, we are making a difference and it’s a privilege to be able to do that every single day.
You finally have a career path in the music industry.
We attract Ministry of Education (MOE) music teachers, mid-career professionals, local music graduates, and first-jobbers. Beyond teaching positions, we offer support positions from the Head of Human Resources to the Customer Support Officer. We even have our own 1,400 sq ft Headquarters with a fully functional 50-seater performance hall. With an incredible opportunity to plan, innovate, structure, execute, and lead, employees at My Drum School experience their work at a whole new level.
We play as hard as we work.
When we work hard, we often take back-to-back classes that go up to 50 students weekly. When we play hard, we take a yearly company retreat to places like Hong Kong Disneyland or Bintan Resorts. Our long-serving employees receive all-paid expenses to USA.
We welcome you to first join us as a Part-Time Drum Educator and let us get to know you better! If you are a new applicant from another school, we welcome you to send us your resume too.
A Full-Time position you’ll love:
- An opportunity to experience a fast-track growing business that is making a difference in Singapore’s music industry.
- You will love the people you work beside, because this is our family. Great people attract people at MDS.
- You are learning all the time from the best people. You appreciate that learning never stops and you’ll learn so much more than you’ll actually teach.
- A full-time career where your work becomes play. You’ll find joy in passing on your knowledge and nurturing a new generation of well-equipped drummers.
- You love interacting with people and seeing a direct impact on people’s lives energises you.
- You embrace My Drum School’s curriculum and be transformed in your own field of drumming. You like being current and adapting modern drumming techniques and methods. And you like to share that knowledge.
- You love drumming.
A Full-Time Drum Educator we’ll love:
- You believe in the vision of our Founder, the mission of the MDS brand, and are willing to journey together with our fast-paced company.
- You enjoy pushing boundaries and take pride in sustaining our leadership position as the No.1 drum school in Singapore.
- You see drum education as a platform to leave a legacy by inspiring and educating the next generation of drummers.
- You’re a fast and consistent learner and ever-willing to master our company’s processes and standard of operations.
- You engage and equip drum students and are genuinely concern to see them progress.
- You build confidence in students and parents by providing effective and honest communication.
- You’re not afraid of drum notations, charts, sheet music, sight-reading, and transcription.
- You are a strong team player and you work well with other colleagues.
- You champion our core values and brand promises; contributing to build a strong working culture.
- You advance and maintain your own professional development as an educator.
Requirements of a Full-Time Drum Educator.
- A minimum of a Grade 6 Honours in Australian & New Zealand Cultural Arts (ANZCA) examinations or an internal audition by the hiring committee. Applicant will be required to actively pursue toward an Associate Diploma upon employment.
- At least a minimum of 1 year working experience in My Drum School as a part-time educator. Applicant without this experience can still apply for an exemption based on past credentials.
- Applicant must adapt, implement and deliver our MDS teaching pedagogy, certification requirements, curriculum and instructional resources, assessment policies and practices, and professional development programs.
- Applicant must also be skilled in working with students of different levels in age, experience, and talent. Patience, teamwork, empathy, a positive outlook, and a sense of humour will be a great cultural fit to our team.
- Weekend teaching will be reimbursed handsomely.
- Drumming experience in church worship is an added-advantage (Referral letter is required from worship director) as a majority of students study this genre at MDS.
- Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident. Foreigners with working experience in Singapore may apply.