My Drum School carefully selects the most talented and passionate people within its Part-Time Drum Educators to enter its full-time faculty. All drum educators must have a complete mastery of their specific field and general knowledge of the instrument and music. In addition, they must have good communication skills and be able to establish a rapport with their students.
With an incredible opportunity to plan, innovate, structure, execute, and lead, employees at My Drum School experience their work at a whole new level. The legacy of My Drum School throughout its history and its current leading position in the music industry attracts people from all over the region. My Drum School’s faculty includes some of the finest educators, artists, and music performers in Singapore.
We welcome you to join us first as our Part-Time Drum Educator and let us get to know you better! We do accept new applicants at our Full-Time positions now.
Full-Time requirements you’ll need:
- All the requirements of a Part-Time Drum Educator.
- Proficient in writing drum notations using Sibelius.
- At least a minimum of 1 year working experience in drum education.
- A minimum of a Grade 8 Honors in Australian & New Zealand Cultural Arts (ANZCA) examinations or an internal audition by the panel committee.
- Applicant must also be skilled in working with students of different levels in age, experience, and talent. Patience, teamwork, empathy, a positive outlook, and a sense of humor are also strengths for pursuing a career at MDS.
- Drumming experience in church worship is an added-advantage (Referral letter is required from worship director) as a majority of students study this genre at MDS.
- Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident. Foreigners with working experience in Singapore may apply.