My Drum School is actively recruiting part-time drummers with a passion to teach at our faculty. From flexible schedules to fully-detailed lesson-plan approach to innovative programmes and perks, we do everything we can to make sure Part-Time Drum Educators not only have great jobs, but also lasting experiences.
Besides teaching, we jam together a lot! We meet at our 1,400 sq ft Headquarters and constantly share ideas through brainstorming sessions, jam-sessions, writing new materials, and lots of trading solos. We work hard and we play even harder together.
A Drum Educator we’ll love:
- You engage and equip drum students and are motivated by the desire to see them succeed.
- You see drum education as a platform to inspire and educate the next generation of drummers.
- You’re a fast and consistent learner and ever-willing to master our comprehensive curriculum and lesson structures.
- You’re not afraid of drum notations, charts, sheet music, sight-reading, and transcription.
- You are a team player and you work well with other colleagues.
- You build confidence in students and parents by providing effective and honest communication.
- You contribute and participate in our staff bi-monthly meetings and online drumming community.
- You advance and maintain your own professional development as a drummer.
- You lead by example and are passionate about the My Drum School brand.
- You enjoy and take pride in sustaining our leadership position as the No.1 drum school in Singapore.
A position you’ll love:
- A part-time career where your work becomes play. You’ll find joy in passing on your knowledge and nurturing a new generation of well-equipped drummers.
- You love teaching and interacting with people — it energizes you.
- You embrace My Drum School’s curriculum and be transformed in your own field of drumming.
- You like being current and adapting modern drumming techniques and methods. And you like to share that knowledge.
- You appreciate that learning never stops and you’ll learn so much more than you’ll actually teach.
- You love drumming. And you’ll get paid well for spreading it with others.
Part-Time Requirements you’ll need:
- Proficient in pop, rock, blues, funk, and R&B rhythms.
- Ability in reading and simple-writing of drum notations. At least in 8th Beats, 16th Beats and Triplets.
- At least a minimum of 2 year private lessons and 3 years of drumming exposure.
- A minimum of a Grade 5 Honors in Australian & New Zealand Cultural Arts (ANZCA) examinations or equivalent. (Audition is required for those without drum certification)
- A block of at least 3 hours from 7pm-10pm on weekdays or any time on Weekends.
- At least a 12-month commitment to teach upon confirmation.
- Experience in drumming for church worship is an added advantage for applicants. We have many students that play in a church setting.
Current Positions Available: